ADL BioPharma is not just another CDMO company; in addition to our team’s extensive knowledge, the fact that we can work with different volumes allows us to offer our customers a comprehensive support system for their projects. Our facilities offer a full range of possibilities for production, from work at the smallest laboratory scale, to the 2,000 L fermentation tanks and 6,000 L reactors in our pilot plant, all part of a single company. This guarantees not only the reliability of the scaling up process but the maximum confidentiality as well.
Here are some of the services that we offer:
- Definition of biological processes, optimization of producer strains and development of different fermentation technologies (enzymes, vitamins, immunosuppressants, antifungals, food additives and synthetic biology).
- Design and complete development of recovery and purification processes for different molecules, such as organic synthesis and semi-synthetic derivatives (penicillin derivatives and other therapeutic molecules).
- Technological assessment, improvement and technology transfer for external processes.
- Optimization of ongoing processes as well as development and improvement of molecules already in production.
Project reception and viability study in terms of capacity and equipment by ADL BioPharma’s specifically assigned team. Drafting a work plan with objectives, timing and cost to be presented to the customer for approval. Progress will be assessed by the client through regular reports of the results obtained, which will include indications on what is needed in the next stages in order to achieve the objectives. Additionally, ADL BioPharma advises customers through the procedures to write patents and register the intellectual property generated.
ADL BioPharma specializes in offering solutions at the biological and chemical synthesis level, in the area of fermentation (USP) as well as in recovery and synthesis processes (DSP). We can offer the required equipment and we can apply our extensive experience in the field of research and development of biotechnological processes. As of today, ADL BioPharma’s site includes extensive facilities and both chemical and biological laboratories, alongside pilot plants for fermentation and chemical development.
2-5 L fermentors. Incubation chambers. Master banks of microbial strains and cell cultures. Microscopes, centrifuges, filters, ultrafilters, etc.
Our facilities include chemical laboratories where we carry out the first stages of the project research.
Pilot Chemical Plant:
- 20 stainless steel reactors, glass and enamelled, with a capacity ranging from 100 to 6.000 litres.
- Vacuum driers, rotaries, vacuum drying ovens, press filters, chromatographic columns, atomizer and granulator, and reverse osmosis equipment (spiral membrane plant for ultrafiltration/microfiltration).
Pilot Fermentation Plant:
- 5 Braun 30 L automated bioreactors.
- 12 fully equipped bioreactors, with work volumes of between 100 and 2,000 L.
- Auxiliary fermentation equipment: seed tanks, storage tanks and nutrient-supply pumps.
- A distributed control system unit that controls the process and the critical parameters for the fermentation.
ADL BioPharma also offers the equipment and experience needed for reactions such as asymmetrical synthesis, enzymatic resolution, acylation, diazotation, halogenization, reduction, oxidation, hydrogenolysis, esterification, substitution, cycloaddition, Friedel-Crafts, Mannich, synthesis of amides and synthesis of hydrochloric acid, among others.
We can work with most reactive substances (gaseous, hygroscopic, irritant, corrosive, etc.), in various reaction conditions (high pressure, inert atmosphere, etc.), within a wide range of temperatures (from -6°C to 200°C), and under different isolation conditions (inert atmosphere, vacuum distillation, etc.).
fermenters of 850 L
Braun automated bioreactors of 30 L
Several tanks of smaller capacities
Distributed control system unit