ADL Pilot Plants: Scaling up your innovation to the next level
ADL has a broad know-how in the process development and scaling of new sustainable biotechnologies for multiple markets and industry sectors aimed at providing well-being to society (Food, Flavours and Fragrances, Functional Molecules, Personal Care and others).
Our Pilot Plants for Fermentation (USP) and Recovery and Purification (DSP) have been specifically designed to enable the transition from lab to industrial scale, through fully tailored services and an extensive knowledge on bioprocess innovation.
Our customers will find in ADL the preferred partner that will lead them through an efficient operational process to take their biotechnology procedure from the lab to the commercial scale, in a feasible, sustainable way. For this purpose, ADL has a fermentation scale-up capacity from lab up to 2,000 L along with a fully dedicated DSP facility.
ADL Pilot Plants for USP and DSP are open-access facilities
What does it mean?
They are open to the development of projects, from the starting stages to the tailor-made production to any start-up, small and medium enterprise (SME), large enterprise or research organization.
We make available to customers ready to use and state-of-the-art large-scale infrastructure, as well as the associated expertise that guarantees a fast and effective scaling-up.
All this enables the translation of laboratory scale innovations into industrially viable processes.
The Project outline is designed to achieve the highest profit.
Benefits of the open-access model:
- Saving time and money during the scaling-up process.
- Shortening the time required for a new product or process to reach the market.
- Lowering the financial risks associated with scale-up.
This is done on a contractual basis. There is a commitment to keep a very close communication throughout the development of the project, thus ensuring an effective transfer of technology.
RECOVERY AND PURIFICATION (DSP) PILOT PLANT
In this plant, the main DSP processes used in the industry including, but not limited, to extraction, purification, and isolation, are available to be conducted after the fermentation process. Our equipment and our team of highly qualified engineers and technicians along with our know-how and decades of experience allowed us to develop and launch of wide variety of projects, involving multi-step and complex technology.
What we offer:
- ATEX compliant installation.
- DSP processes (separation, extraction, and purification).
- Chemical synthesis / conversion processes.
- Process development and optimization.
- 3 x 500 L
- 1 x 1,000 L
- 1 x 2,000 L
- 4 x 3,000 L
- 2 x 6,000 L
Glass lined reactors:
- 1 x 40 L
- 1 x 150 L
- 1 x 1,000 L
- Demineralized/process water.
- Brine (-15 °C to 70 °C).
- Vacuum (high/low).
- Nitrogen (gas/liquid).
- Compressed air.
- Disk stack centrifuge (max. 350 L/h).
- Cross flow membrane filtration (MF, UF, NF).
- Rotatory filter.
- Batch evaporation reactors.
- Basket centrifuge (crystal separation).
- Drying oven.
- Rotatory vacuum dryer and filter dryer (100 L).
- Spray dryer mobile (0.5 – 5 kg/h water evaporation).
- High pressure homogenizer, cell disruptor (5 L/h).
- Rotatory evaporators.
- Ball / Hammer mills.